Quick Stir-Fry with Spelt & Miso
Quick Stir Fry with Spelt and Miso
Need a quick, nutrient dense and delicious weeknight meal idea? Try this quick stir-fry with the up-and-coming grain du jour, spelt! This is an easy-to-make and flavorful dish and is packed with flavor.
- 1/2 onion - thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup spelt kernels, cooked per package directions
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup Thinly sliced cabbage (savoy or green)
- 2 teaspoons light miso, dissolved in ¼ cup water
Over medium-high heat, saute the thinly sliced onions in extra-virgin olive oil until they are translucent.
Add the spelt and toss with the onions. Add the miso water and cook for about two minutes.
Add the spinach and cabbage and stir to combine. Cook until water evaporates, but cabbage still retains a bit of a crunch.