Top 10 Crunchy snacks that don’t involve chips!
As a health coach people are always telling me they miss the crunch factor when moving from unhealthy foods like chips and crackers to a more plant based focus. Here are the strategies I give them, which help me with my own crunch bias on a daily basis!
- Cucumbers – my go to snack for car rides. I go right for the gusto, not even bothering to cut it up
- Peppers – I cut these in strips and put them in baggies to snack on.
- Snap peas – sweet, delicious, healthy – what more can you ask for?
- Rice cakes with almond butter – protein rich and a satisfying crunch in one
- Baby carrots with hummus or guacamole
- Apples – with 7500 worldwide varieties there are certainly a lot to choose from
- Raw cauliflower – I love the mouth feel of cauliflower and the kind of crunchiness that cauliflowers provide is very satisfying
- Raw cashew nuts – great crunch, naturally sweet and a good protein source. Just a handful can suffice
- Raw or blanched string beans
- Popcorn – skinny pop is a brand I like or else air popped
Which healthier crunchy snacks do you grab for during the day?